The answer may surprise you.
On TV, the internet, and in print, the conservative and leftist newsmedia has openly worried that a civil war is brewing. Like last November, people were predicting the outbreak of a civil war in the USA this past July 4. The newsmedia has noted increasing violence, hostility, and friction between conservatives and now open socialists.
But is a civil war coming?
Or has it already started? And more importantly, what can we do about it?
For 45 years, we have pretended that decapitating and dismembering little children by abortion is legal because the Supreme Court says so. And we have hoped and prayed and hoped that appointing Supreme Court justices would stop the carnage.
It is the legislature, and not the Supreme Court, that enacts law in our legal system. The President is supposed to uphold the US Constitution, and not plainly unconstitutional decisions like Roe v. Wade.
This civil war between parents, abortionists, and the rest of society shows no sign of stopping.
While it is possible that appointing a new Supreme Court Justice may change things, that doesn’t seem likely. As the late Professor Charles Rice of the University of Notre Dame noted many years ago, if a Judge admitted that the preterm baby is a person, he would be forced to also admit that he as a judge has been participating in murder by his failure to stop it.
Yesterday Alex Jones said on his website infowars.com that having failed to stop and impeach President Trump, the Left is now pushing for a civil war. They want to stop the success that we are enjoying due to President Trump’s good efforts.
Now that it appears that the civil war inside abortion mills may spill out into the streets, what can we do to stop it?
Despite his many achievements, Americans are still upset by the continual negative news from the mainstream media. On September 9, 2001, many Americans were in anguish and were distraught over the tragedies of that dark day in New York City.
As one man pointed out then, watching TV upset people. So don’t watch TV – pray the rosary for the United States instead.
Remember, the TV people want you to be upset.
They want a civil war. Don’t give it to them.
The Catholic Church teaches us that wars and tyrannies are punishments and sin.
Can prayer and penance stop them? You bet they can!
It is comforting to know that someone, somewhere is praying for you. Did you know that people around the world prayed for the last US election? Worldnetdaily.com reported it on wnd.com. International prayers were heard, and Donald Trump is now our President. He has proven himself to be an even greater and more effective President than Ronald Reagan.
During World War II, people prayed the rosary for the end of the war. And thus the war was ended in 1945.
Following WWII, the Communists invaded Austria, which had been disarmed by Adolf Hitler. They had no way to defend themselves from the Communist enslavement that followed.
A monk persuaded the Austrians to pray the rosary in solitary and in processions for the deliverance of their nation from Communism.
On May 13, 1955, the Russians left Austria. Since that time, praying the rosary has stopped Communist takeovers in Brazil and the Phillipines.
Why pray the rosary?
On the Cross, Jesus Christ said to St. John the Evangelist, behold thy mother. In this manner, the Blessed Virgin Mary became the Mother of all the true followers of Jesus Christ.
Of all the people in the world, the Blessed Virgin Mary is closest to Jesus, not only physically, but spiritually. Just as a good earthly son is pleased by the attention shown to his mother, thus the Son of God is pleased by the attention shown to His mother.
St. Francis de Sales says that the rosary is the most perfect form of prayer. Just as the Saint said it every day, we also ought to pray it, not only for ourselves, but for our nation and our President, Donald Trump. See:
In addition, it’s important to read good spiritual books every day, like those by St. Alphonsus di Liguori and Thomas a Kempis (The Imitation of Christ). St. Augustine said that our hearts are not at rest until they find their rest in Jesus Christ. We ought to read about the Passion of Christ every day to draw closer to Him and to become more like Him. See:
Want to feel better? Get to know the Man who loves you most, Jesus Christ, by reading about His Passion.
The Fifteen Promises of Mary to
Christians Who Recite the Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan)
Imprimatur: Patrick J. Hayes, D.D. Archbishop of New York